Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Que Porter: Practical Elegance

80's Louis Feraud Silk Shirtdress
I am about to celebrate my very first Thanksgiving this week and it is a fact that I greet with much excitement. Growing up, thanks to our mass consumption of US media, we were all aware of this holiday but few get to experience it first hand.

So as the weekend approaches, I am starting to ponder my wardrobe choices for this holiday. I am guessing that since it is predominantly marked by spending time with family and friends around a plethora of delicious dishes (my fingers are crossed for pie!) that one must dress accordingly. Now, normally I would be all for making a statement and adopting a devil may care attitude with regard to my outfits but I think Thanksgiving merits a choice that takes into consideration a no doubt expanding waistline.

With this in mind, I have dug through the veritable treasure trove that is the VagaBond NYC archive and chosen some pieces that should prove to be far kinder than, let's say, that body con number you are desperate to break out of the wardrobe. We are all about oversizing and fabulous billowing blouses for the day that's in it. 


Laura Biagiotti Honeycomb Linen Blouse

70's Yves Saint Laurent Ruby Silk Blouse

No comments: